Monday 2 March 2009

Progression Of Pure

So far I have really enjoyed this brief. I haven't been able to just sit and draw for a long time and last Wednesday was a really good day for this. When I get hold of a scanner that knows it's a scanner (not a a huge plastic box that talks) then I'll post some full work sheets.

I really enjoy character design and pin pointing exactly what someone is going to look like. So when I first started with rough ideas for this piece, I had already moved towards narrative and story telling. (I suppose that's just one of the ways I work.)

For now though, some photographs of the concept work and layouts. At this point I had two main ideas, not just one but they both reflected back into one and other (see statment.)













I liked the boys better but I went with female in the end. My concept went over a little better with pure children...and bloodied hands. Hmm. At that point I really had no idea where I was going. So much so that in the crit i stuttered and went: words words Blughgg. I think I need to work on presenting a little more.

No comments:

Post a Comment